Hardy Central Baptist Church had its beginnings in 1890, as a small group of Christians who met twice a month in the Central Schoolhouse to worship and for Sunday School. This same group built the first house of worship, a one room structure lit with oil lamps and heated with a wood stove on land adjacent to the schoolhouse. This was a mission of the Four Mile Creek Baptist Church. Most of the early pastors were shared with the mother church. The Church was admitted into the membership of the Dover Baptist Association on December 8, 1895.
The mission of Hardy Central Baptist Church is to servc our Lord Jesus Christ. Our service to Him is expressed by witnessing to those who do not know Him and by ministering to our community. We also serve Jesus by being living examples of love and respect for one another and by participating in worship, study, training and tithing.
We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men of God "were moved by the Holy Spirit" to write the very words of the Scripture. The Bible is therefore without error (inerrant) in its original manuscripts. God has preserved the Bible, and it is the sole and final authority for faith and life, providing encouragement, guidance, comfort, and instruction for training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3: 16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21).